Weight: 8 lbs / 3.6kg
Full-suspension Carbon fiber cello case, with molded foam padding, two bow holders, and accessory compartment. It comes with a shoulder strap and backpack straps.
Standard features included:
- Sturdy shell with waterproof seal
- High quality latches and handle
- Padded shoulder-straps
- Interior instrument-suspension design
- Natural carbon weave colorp
- Weighs 8 lbs with wheels
- Available colors: Burgundy, Navy, Titanium
- Interior Color: Navy Blue
Eastman cases are usually readily available in all colors.
Carbon Case Caution
- If you are shopping for a case that is going to be sturdy, rugged and secure, light-weight carbon fiber cases may disappoint you. Although they ARE sturdy and secure, there are certain things about these cases that every shopper needs to be aware of. Carbon Fiber cases are very light because the carbon fiber is tougher than other materials, therefore, the case body is not very thick. This creates a few issues that you need to be aware of before purchasing:
Note: Uses D rings and swivel snaps, which occasionally fail. We recommend buying Security Cables just in case.
- When open, Carbon fiber cases have quite a bit of flex and it takes some care to line up the top and bottom correctly before latching. However, when closed, they are very rigid.
- Standing a carbon fiber case on end with your cello in it (case either opened or closed) is NOT recommended because of the slim profile and light weight. It would take just a slight bump to unbalance it and knock it over.
- The less expensive the carbon fiber case is, the more issues you will have with it. Like all other things, you get what you pay for.
- Less expensive carbon fiber cases tend to have more issues with fit and finish, including hardware failures, durability, and padding.