Otto Musica 'Artino Muse' Carbon Composite Cello Case
Weight: 9lbs / 4kg
SEE THE MEASUREMENTS TAB ABOVE FOR HELP MEASURING YOUR CELLO
- Carbon composite Construction
- High quality latches and hardware
- 8 adjustable side pads
- Scratch resistant material with reinforcement
- Two upper D-rings for backpack straps and security cables (included), designed for comfort
- Straps with Otto safety rings included
- Suspension case with eight fully adjustable side pads
- Holds two bows with Hill-style bow holders
- Two separate accessory pouches
- Available in many colors: Pearl, Cabernet, Plum, Dusk, and Charcoal
See color options in the dropdown above.
Carbon Case Caution - If you are shopping for a case that is going to be sturdy, rugged and secure, light-weight carbon fiber cases may disappoint you. Although they ARE sturdy and secure, there are certain things about these cases that every shopper needs to be aware of. Carbon Fiber cases are very light because the carbon fiber is tougher than other materials, therefore, the case body is not very thick. This creates a few issues that you need to be aware of before purchasing:
- When open, Carbon fiber cases have quite a bit of flex and it takes some care to line up the top and bottom correctly before latching. However, when closed, they are very rigid.
- Standing a carbon fiber case on end with your cello in it (case either opened or closed) is NOT recommended because of the slim profile and light weight. It would take just a slight bump to unbalance it and knock it over.
- The less expensive the carbon fiber case is, the more issues you will have with it. Like all other things, you get what you pay for.
- Less expensive carbon fiber cases tend to have more issues with fit and finish, including hardware failures, durability, and padding.
- If you want good protection and padding, strength, AND durability in a carbon case, expect to pay over $2,500.
How to Determine Which Case will Fit Your Cello!